IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS ("OFFICIAL RULES") BEFORE ENTERING KOKANEE THE MOVIE OUT HERE “SUBMIT YOUR SONG” CONTEST (THE "CONTEST"). BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, AN ENTRANT REPRESENTS THAT HE OR SHE SATISFIES ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW AND AGREES TO BE BOUND UNCONDITIONALLY BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS OF COLUMBIA BREWERY (THE “CONTEST SPONSOR”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE 25 YEARS OR OLDER. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY (EXCLUDING QUEBEC).
1. The Contest begins on or about July 23, 2012 (the “Contest Start Date”). Entries for the Contest will be permitted until September 3, 2012 at 11:59 p.m EST (the dates between July 23 and September 3 being the “Entry Period”). All entrants from the Entry Period will be judged online by the public (as described below) on It’s the Movie Out Here page [www.TheMovieOutHere.ca] starting on July 23, 2012 until September 3, 2012 (the period between July 23, 2012 and September 3, 2012 being the “Contest Period”). Entrants with a minimum of 75 votes from the public as of September 3, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EST will be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
2. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada only, who (i) are legally eligible to work in Canada, (ii) are nineteen (19) years of age or older, (iii) have a personal FacebookTM profile, (iv) have not had a speaking role in any beer, or beer related commercials or advertisements, in the past and are not under contract to appear in television, print, radio or any other advertising, or involved in any competitive advertising. Notwithstanding the above, experience as a non-speaking “extra” in a commercial production is permitted.
3. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of the Contest Sponsor (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies), Contest judges, suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest, a provincial liquor authority or any liquor license holder (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). In addition, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to declare any person ineligible who the Contest Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, judging or distribution of the Competition. The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to this contest.
4. Entrants must have a finished recording of their song as of September 3, 2012.
5. No purchase is required to enter the Contest. Only one entry per person will be accepted during the Contest Period. Multiple entries of any kind by the same person will be disqualified. To enter, entrants must register on The Movie Out Here website. As part of the entry form, entrants will be required to provide first name, last name, date of birth (must be 19 years or older), postal code, phone number, and email address. As part of the entry form, entrants will also be required to submit a photograph (JPEG) and a studio quality audio or video audition, submitted via FacebookTM, of their original song. Entries will not be eligible if sent by any method not specified above or if received outside of the Entry Period. Once an entrant enters the Contest and submits his/her entry, their name and entry may be posted on Kokanee Facebook™ page in connection with the Contest.
6. There is one (1) Grand Prize to be won (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize consists of the winner’s song featured in It’s The Movie Out Here. All other expenses not outlined above will be your sole responsibility. It is the winner’s responsibility to provide for any additional expenses not included in the Grand Prize as described herein, including, but not limited to, recording, mixing, shipping, travel insurance, health insurance, etc. The Grand Prize winners must be able to provide their recording at the times and dates to be determined by the Contest Sponsor or forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any delays or cancellations relating to the Grand Prize that may occur prior to or during the Grand Prize which are beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received and the selections made by Contest judges and members of the public.
7. At the end of Entry Period, finalists who receive a minimum of 75 votes during the voting period (July 23 to September 3, 2012) will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. One (1) finalist will be selected as the Grand Prize winner by the Contest judges, who will, in their sole discretion, select such finalists based on the qualities required for a movie song. In the event of a tie, the Contest judges will conduct a random draw between the entries that are tied to determine the potential Grand Prize winners.
8. RELEASE: The Prize winners will be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, liability release and publicity consent within one (1) business day following the potential winner’s prize notification. Before the prize is awarded, the Prize winners must sign a standard declaration of compliance with the Official Rules and release form(s) releasing the Contest Sponsor, parent company, subsidiaries, professional advisors, provincial liquor authorities and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the prizes as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of a potential winner. By entering the Contest and/or accepting a prize, the entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including without limitation claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. In addition, the Prize winners must provide photo identification establishing that they are 19 years of age or older. Failure to comply with these provisions may result in disqualification.
9. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: All entries and materials submitted to the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith, become the property of the Contest Sponsor upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by or resulting from: (i) any entry, prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason, including; (ii) any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (iii) any e-mail, text or other communication sent or received to or from the Contest Sponsor or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; for any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Site, users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; for problems with the function of any website or website feature (including, without limitation, FacebookTM or any features thereon), howsoever caused; (v) the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (vi) any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (vii) for traffic congestion on the Internet; (viii) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; (ix) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (x) technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest.
11. ERRORS: The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of any prize. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest or change these Official Rules at any time, at its sole discretion without notice to participants.
12. DISQUALIFICATIONS: The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or to post inappropriate or demeaning material on the web page. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY ENTRY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL AND SEEK DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER REMEDY FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS: : The Contest is subject to these complete Official Rules and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read the Official Rules and agree to abide by their terms and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.